In my opinion, sleep IS the best remedy. My children hear this all the time. When ever one of them pipes up that they don’t feel well, I simply tell them they need to sleep!
Benefits of a good nights sleep include:
- Improved memory.
- Reduced risk of heart disease and other life threatening illnesses.
- Lowers your stress levels.
- Improves your mental health and reduces the chance of depression.
- Your body is repairing itself while you sleep.
If you are having trouble sleeping, try some of these tips.
- Switch off all technology two hours before you go to bed.
- Notice what you eat and try to eat a lighter meal before 6pm.
- Notice your breathing. Try regular, gentle breaths to calm your system.
- Book yourself in for some Calm Therapy Reflexology for a deep sense of relaxation.
For more information about your sleep patterns visit the Sleep Council website.
Jane has been a Reflexologist for 15 years and is experienced with helping people with stress and anxiety. She also works with Maternity clients.